Sunday, March 16, 2008

LETRA



In the still of the night, in the world's ancient light
Where wisdom grows up in strife
My bewildering brain, toils in vain
Through the darkness on the pathways of life
Each invisible prayer is like a cloud in the air
Tomorrow keeps turning around
We live and we die, we know not why
But I'll be with you when the deal goes down

We eat and we drink, we feel and we think
Far down the street we stray
I laugh and I cry and I'm haunted by
Things I never meant nor wished to say
The midnight rain follows the train
We all wear the same thorny crown
Soul to soul, our shadows roll
And I'll be with you when the deal goes down

The moon gives light and shines by night
I scarcely feel the glow
We learn to live and then we forgive
O'er the road we're bound to go
More frailer than the flowers, these precious hours
That keep us so tightly bound
You come to my eyes like a vision from the skies
And I'll be with you when the deal goes down

I picked up a rose and it poked through my clothes
I followed the winding stream
I heard the deafening noise, I felt transient joys
I know they're not what they seem
In this earthly domain, full of disappointment and pain
You'll never see me frown
I owe my heart to you, and that's sayin' it true
And I'll be with you when the deal goes down

BOB DYLAN, WHEN THE DEAL GOES DOWN, MODERN TIMES, 2006

4 comments:

joaquin urrutia said...

Envidio a todo aquel que haya estado el martes en el Arena

nadie said...

"I'll be with you when the deal goes down"

que tremenda declaración

L Mery said...

Probablemente sea casi herejia dejar un saludo asi en este post para el-gran-Dylan, pero x estos dias en q el otoño asoma en la pieza y se cuela de a poco en todas partes, lo unica "LETRA" recurrente y que mas me suena es el "hey now now THE SMALLESTS THINGS ARE CRUSHING ME NOW...", aunque no tome pepsi.

Aún así, saludos pues! L.

L Mery said...

despues de harta aguita debajo del puente, y agradeciendo las bondades del copy-paste de por medio)dejo esto x aca:

Bob no es Elvis. Bob no es Sinatra. ¿De dónde viene entonces el sexappeal que devora a las mujeres en Dylan? De su cerebro. El cerebro de Bob Dylan es su sexappeal. Eso hipnotiza a las mujeres. Cuando comprendí que yo no iba a medir un metro ochenta y cinco y no iba a ser bello como Clint Eastwood para atraer mujeres, comencé a admirar a Dylan, y su estilo “sexappeal del cerebro”. El sexappeal del cuerpo lo destruye el tiempo. En cambio el sexappeal del cerebro se modifica una y otra vez, hasta el fin de los tiempos y aún así, vuelve a restaurarse infinitamente.
(Benjamín Galemiri, extracto de sus notas apócrifas para “Bob Dylan o el enceguecedor rayo del Tsinsumm”, mismo extracto que se lee en la contratapa de sus Obras Completas, Editorial Uqbar, octubre 2007, un libro que es requetebueno)